Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Birthday Weekend at Rancho Bernardo Inn

For my 32nd birthday, I requested a weekend somewhere to get pampered that was easy to get to, hot, sunny, and relaxing. As much as we like to go places with Liliana, I really wanted it to just be Adam and I, and because we weren't bringing her and (being that I am pregnant) we weren't looking to party, I was after a quiet, "adults-only" spa-like vibe. We found the PERFECT place in the Rancho Bernardo Inn and it was the best stay-cation ever.
The Tollacks kindly offered to take Liliana for the weekend, so we knew she was in good hands being wild with her bestie Layla and driving Katie and Toby crazy. :) She was so excited for her sleepover weekend and we knew she wouldn't shed a tear over us leaving. I was a little worried she would be jealous when she found out that she wasn't staying at the hotel with us because she LOVES hotels, but when she saw me packing my suitcase and I explained that Adam and I were going to stay at a hotel she got nervous and quickly asked, "But I still get to have a sleepover at Layla's, right?!?" There was nowhere that she would have rather gone, which gave us a great feeling leaving her there.
We got to the resort Friday evening and had a long, leisurely, delicious dinner at their fine dining restaurant, El Bizcocho. After dinner we sat outside by the fireplace overlooking the golf course and listened to live music and relaxed and talked about how excited and lucky we are to have Liliana and be welcoming our baby boy soon. We were in bed early and slept in until 9am the next morning...heaven. On Saturday we got breakfast in bed and headed down to the beautiful spa pool to read, have lunch, and relax in the sun. I had 2 spa treatments booked for the early evening and Adam went to have a drink, hit golf balls, and relax on our patio while I was being pampered. That night, we had dinner outside by the fireplace and went back to our room to watch a movie in bed. We slept another 10 hours that night and woke up extremely rested and excited to see our baby girl.
The Tollacks came with Liliana and met us at the kids pool that day for swimming and lunch and a sweet birthday surprise cake baked by Katie and the girls. The girls also brought me birthday cards that they made...so sweet.
We came home and took a family nap together--our favorite. It was the perfect birthday weekend.






No comments: