Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sea World and Slumber Party

We spent a wonderful weekend with the Tollacks. It was the girls' first sleepover together. We originally thought that they could sleep in the same room together, but that didn't work. They giggled and talked way too much so we ended up putting them in separate rooms. Everyone had such a great time. We didn't end up leaving until late afternoon the next day.

Sea World visit...just me and the big girls! It was so fun to have them all to myself for the day. My favorite part of the day was the drive there. I was cracking up listening to their conversations in the back seat and watching them sing and dance along to the songs they were requesting. Lila told Layla proudly, "my mom has all the good songs on her phone!"
One funny little convo I overheard: Liliana has been saying lately that she wants to have her own baby--not a brother or sister like her friends. Layla laughed and said, "Liliana! You are silly! You can't have a baby until you grow up and get married! You get a ring and have a wedding. I am going to marry Daddy and Prince Eric when I grow up." Liliana said, "I am already married to Paxton so I can grow a baby in my belly! We just have to have our wedding party with a fancy dress and 'married flowers'." I guess they have it all figured out!


I got the girls some fish to feed the sea lions but they wanted NO part of it. "Eeeewww! You do it! That's disgusting!"
The new sea turtle exhibit was awesome:
That night, Layla took us to her favorite sushi place which she calls "DJ Sushi" because they have a DJ playing tunes while you eat. Katie reserved a table right beside the DJ booth so that the girls could rock out and make requests all night. They were too funny shouting their faves to the DJ ("Please play J. Lo next!!"). I see many more DJ requests in their future together.




When we got home from the restaurant we did some baking. These two can cook up Princess Cupcakes and lots of trouble together:
Just look at their eyes...T-R-O-U-B-L-E

whispering sweet nothings in her ear:
Skipping to the playroom (in nothing but panties and an apron) after the baking is done to wait for her treat:
By the time they were done baking it was so late that the girls had to go to bed and wait until the next day to decorate and eat their princess cupcakes. I think it goes without saying that they were worth the wait. Bed head and cupcakes...my fave:

Tubby and bedtime (in no particular order or schedule) was adorable in their matching jammies. The grown ups were having a little too much fun to make sure any sort of schedule was followed (I think the girls bathed at noon the next day before EVERYONE'S nap). But, we fed them, we cleaned them, and they slept at one point or another. We managed to do our jobs as mothers in between and during the partying and nobody was complaining. :)
jay-bird hugs:
pre-nap "pa-jammie-jam" in their twinsie Tink Jammies Katie bought for them:

1 comment:

Walters Family said...

they could not be any cuter! what a fun day & night!