Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mary Poppins: The Broadway Musical

Katie and I took Layla and Liliana to their first Broadway play at the San Diego Civic Center. We both have amazing memories of going to the theatre when we were younger and have talked about taking the girls since they were infants. Both girls have seen short plays (and behaved well during those) and they both love Mary Poppins, but we weren't sure if they would sit well through a long, more serious Broadway play. They did GREAT and absolutely loved the show. They got up and danced, sang along and Lila yelled out, "MARY POPPINS...I LOVE YOU!!!," a few times.
The highlights for Liliana were when Mary Poppins flew over the audience and when they did a really cool tap dance to the song, "Step in Time". One of the highlights for me was when Liliana tooted during a quiet, serious act of the play. It was SO LOUD that I am convinced everyone in the theatre, including the actors, heard it. Layla said loudly, "STINKY LILIANA!!!" The girls and Katie and I giggled uncontrollably for quite a while over it. What can I say? Farts are funny no matter how old you are.
Liliana has been singing all of the songs and doing her version of the tap dance ever since. We listen to it non-stop on my iphone. Her Grammy saw the show with a friend a few days later and bought her the program and it is currently Liliana's favorite "magazine" to read. She also begs her Grandma daily to sew her a pink Mary Poppins dress just like the Poppins wore during the "Jolly Holiday" scene.

Walking to the theatre. Liliana is currently obsessed with being 'twinsies' with her friends, dolls, and even her mom. She was very excited to be twinsies with her buddy Layla:
Opening Layla's special present at the restaurant:
Best friend bracelets...WITH Disney princess charms...the perfect gift:
While they were hugging Liliana said, "I think I'm falling in love!" SO SWEET!!:
Poppins' Biggest fans:
The Tollack girls:
Enjoying the show and reading her Playbill:

No comments: