The biggest news for 14th month old Liliana is that (drum roll please...) SHE IS WALKING! When she stumbles she hops right back up and walks again instead of crawling. She is very proud of herself and stops to clap in celebration every once in a while. I am very proud of her also.
She is also talking more and more every day. I feel like there are so many new words each week that I am going to have to stop listing them in the monthly updates because I can't remember them all. But, here are a few funny things that have come out of her mouth these days:
-"burp": She says this after she burps...and also after she toots!
-"wine" and "beer": She has said "beer" for a few months now, but now she also recognizes wine out of a wine glass and when we are drinking she will point to it and tell us what it is. The other day someone had gum in their mouth and told her that she couldn't have it because it was only for mommies. She thought about it for a minute and said, "wine."
-"huh-ho, ho-pah-daisy": She says this when she drops something. It just sounds sooo cute in her baby language.
-"shopping": Liliana has liked being in stores since she was a newborn. I think that all of the lights and colors are exciting to her. The other day my mom had Liliana in the shopping cart at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I was around the corner. She told my mom she was going "poo-poo". When I came back to the cart my mom said, "tell your Mommy what you are doing Liliana." She looked at me confused for a second and then said, "POPPING! (shopping)" We laughed so hard that we cried.
-"Hi Guys!" and "Next Time!": She is the friendliest baby. People comment to me about this everywhere we go. She is excited to go "bye" in the morning and as soon as we get to our destination and I unbuckle her car seat she sticks her head out of the car and starts shouting, "Hi! Hi guys!" She had a lot of moms cracking up this week at Stroller Strides class with her "hi's" and "bye's". She even yelled "Next time" (as in "I will see you next time") as I was putting her in the car.
-"Aggy": She tells us she in "aggy" ("angry") when she is upset.
She is my little sidekick and loves going on adventures. Whether it is running errands, hitting the park, or going to Stroller Strides, she is just excited to be out. Every morning after she eats her breakfast and gets dressed, she chooses the accessories she wants to wear for the day and grabs my hand (and sometimes my diaper bag) and says, "bye" as she heads for the door.
She pooped in the potty and was not a fan. She didn't mind sitting there and pooping, but seeing it and flushing it down the toilet freaked her out. Now, she will sit on her toilet, but if I ask her if she wants to go pee-pee or poo-poo she quickly hops up and says, "no-no!" And then nervously says, "bye poo-poo," as she remembers the experience.
She loves the park more than ever. She likes playing in the sand with her sand toys. (It is so cute to watch her concentrate on filling the bucket one tiny little handful at a time.) She loves going down the "side", with and without mommy. And, most of all, she loves meeting other "babies."
She is a little song bird. She makes up words to her own songs and tries to copy the sounds of words that are in songs that she knows. It is adorable. She really loves music...especially the "bop" (Wizard of Oz) soundtrack.


2 comments:
Love love love your updates! what a big girl. i can't get over how smart she is! miss you & see you soon Lila Rose!!
She is so pretty. I hope we get to see you guys in May.
Post a Comment