Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Maverick is growing: 2 months old

Maverick is growing so fast. People are astonished when I tell them how old he is because he looks SO BIG. At a 9 week pediatric appointment he weighed 15.5 lbs, he is 25 inches tall, and his head is 42". He is in the 95th percentile for weight, height and head size. He is a big, happy baby. He almost never cries. When he is upset or needs something he does a cute yell or yelp. It is very rare that he actually cries--probably once every couple days. He already found a schedule for himself and naps around 9, 1, and 4. He goes to sleep around 7:30 pm and wakes up to nurse around 3 and then again at 5 and is up for the day around 7. Like his sister, he is an easy, scheduled baby. Unlike his sister, he rarely gets full naps in his crib. I have to wake him up from a nap all the time because I have to pick up or drop off Lila at one activity or another. I wouldn't have dreamed of waking a sleeping baby with Liliana, but he is easy going and never complains. I can't say enough about what a sweet, easy baby he is. We all smother him with love and kisses all day every day. 

Tummy Time...I haven't done cloth diapers yet like I said I would, but I am using G diapers and composting the wet ones. I will do cloth when his poops get a little less watery. 

 He took his 1st bottle pretty easily and we continue to give him pumped breastmilk in a bottle every few days to keep him in practice so that I can leave him with other people every once in a while. 
 His baby acne/rashes finally went away this month and he has beautiful skin. It was pretty bad for a while though and I tried a greek yogurt facial because I heard that would help. It didn't, but this "spa baby" picture is funny. 
 Sweet smiles

 Grandpa and Grandma Olguin were here to visit for Colin and B's wedding. Here is a photo of the oldest and youngest in our family.
 He is pretty good at sitting in the Bumbo...



 He LOVES his activity mat. He smiles and kicks all morning in this thing while I get his sister ready for school. He reaches for toys and is starting to play. 




My sweet little angel boy


No comments: