Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Festivities

 The Tollacks came to the Bay Area for the weekend before Halloween and we had a lot of fun going out just the grown-ups and celebrating Halloween with the kids.  We went to the Clayton Valley Pumpkin Farm with the Walters and the Garzas. The kids had a great time in spite of the fact that it was a mini heat wave and they were all in their warm costumes. The hit was the kiddie pools filled with beans!












On actual Halloween Liliana started the day in her Halloween jammies that her Grammy gave her eating pumpkin pancakes that her Grandma made her...lucky girl. Then, Liliana had a Halloween parade at school and a party in her class afterwards. Because I am the room parent I got to stay and help with the craft and snack. I loved watching her have fun with her friends and I love that I have time to be the room mom for her. I'm pretty sure she loves it too. :) 

My mom and Liliana worked very hard on this costume. Lila had a hard time deciding what she wanted to be this year, but she is a big fan of the Pippi chapter books right now because she likes that Pippi is such a rascal. Just what our little rascal needs in a role model! The costume turned out great and she looked absolutely darling. 




For the real Halloween, we went to a party at the William's house in Sleepy Hollow. The house was decorated and all of the grown ups were dressed up. It was very festive and a lot of fun, but I got called home early because Maverick was home sick with my parents and would not take a bottle (stubborn little guy). Adam said he and Liliana had a great time. She was really into collecting (and eating) the candy and because she is not shy at all, she had a blast chatting with everyone and meeting other trick or treaters in the street. Her favorite costume that she spotted in the streets this year was a devil. She wanted to be a devil herself this year for some reason but I was able to talk her out if it. I told her it was a costume for older girls. When she saw the other trick or treater dressed as a fancy devil she immediately asked her how old she was. The little girl happened to be 5. Something tells me Liliana is not going to forget that.


No comments: