Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Half Birthday to Lila!!

When I was pregnant and I found out that my due date was near the holidays, I decided that I would start a tradition on celebrating my Baby's "half-birthday" each year so that she didn't feel like her special day got lost in the shuffle of holidays. Poor little Lila-Bean's half birthday happens to fall on 4th of July! Oh well...Happy Half-Birthday Baby Girl!! 

Liliana is getting bigger and we are having more fun with her each day. Here are some things she has been doing lately...
-She "talks" so much now and her sounds are so sweet and girly. She makes breath-y sighs and sweet coos and "ba-ba-ba's" to us as if we can understand her. 
-She is sweet and mellow and loves attention from anyone who will give it to her. 
-She can sit up now (though not for long periods of time), but hasn't shown any interest in scooting or crawling yet. 
-She laughs so much during the day--especially when Adam and I make funny faces at her. We think that she already has a great sense of humor. 
-She wants to eat and drink whatever Adam and I are putting in our mouths but isn't as excited about the avocados, bananas or rice cereal that we are feeding her. It is getting hard to hold her in our lap at when we are at restaurants because she grabs at everything on the table. 
-She is a pretty good sleeper--she takes 3 naps a day and only wakes up to eat once at night.
-She is such a little chunk. We adore all of her rolls, especially the ones on her KNEE CAPS! :)  
-We are obsessed with her! Head over heels in love! 



Her favorite toy:

4 comments:

Walters Family said...

Happy Birthday Lila! Well, there will always be a party on her half-birthday! That's how I look at it! I can't believe our babies are getting so big. Love you & miss you Lila Rose! Can't wait to hold you next weekend!

babyreynolds said...

The picture of you and her on the ground is precious!! I love it. And I am so glad you guys came yesterday because her 'knee-rolls' are even cuter in person! Loves.

gramps anthony said...

Happy Birthday Angel. Grandma and I will be there this weekend to pamper you and buy you anything you want. Just like we did for your mommy. Maybe that explains the way she turned out. Will have to re-think that plan. loves

Gales said...

She is soo chill< Roe would be jumping and crying at the same time. She is such a sweetir pie i just want to eat those cheeks!!