Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Maverick's 1st Two Weeks and Our Move

Maverick spent his first 2 weeks of his life in Capistrano Beach. He was a sweet, peaceful baby from the start. He very, very rarely cries. There were never any sleepless nights filled with baby cries. The only reason we lost any sleep is because when he would wake up to nurse and be changed in the night he would pee and poo all over the place and we would have to spend a lot of time cleaning and changing him. He literally shot poo and pee all over the place every time you took his diaper off. Even if you thought you were prepared he would catch you off guard. It was hilarious and messy.
When Maverick was 2 weeks old we moved to the Bay Area. We always knew the move was coming, but the buyer we were selling our house to backed out at the last minute and it changed our packing plans and threw us for a loop, making it a very stressful time. I am writing this blog entry a couple months after the move and it all seems like a wild blur. It makes me sad that Maverick's first month is mixed up in that memory blur, but I know it will be worth it in the long run. Liliana and Maverick did GREAT during the move and the drive up North. My mom came and helped me and we split the drive up into 2 days because Mav was so new and had to nurse and be changed every 2 hours. We made it safely to my parent's house where we are living while we look for a home of our own.  

This picture was taken right after Maverick was born. Liliana was upset that she missed out on the birth so she insisted that she be the first one (besides mom and dad) to hug hold and kiss her baby brother. She arrived at the house with my parents minutes after he was born.   
The magical first days. There is no better feeling that the first days with a new baby. I felt so overwhelmed with love.
 


 My whole body was sore from working so hard to bring Maverick into this world. I was sore in muscles that I didn't know I had...back, shoulders, neck, legs...I was also exhausted and barely had the strength to go to the bathroom much less make it up the stairs. I fainted in the bathroom after Maverick was born and I was afraid I was going to do that again, so my parents brought a picnic dinner into my bedroom the first night so that I didn't have to eat alone. :) 
Maverick was able to lift his head up and look around from day 1. Such a strong, alert baby.  
 Precious little newborn Maverick
 My babies 

We celebrated our 6 year anniversary 2 days after Maverick was born. We had so much to celebrate. Look what we created in 6 years--2 beautiful babies. 



 Maverick had really bad baby conjunctivitis that did not go away for a month. I tried squirting breastmilk in his eyes at every feeding (poor baby always had milk dripping down his face and yellow goopy eyes) and warm compresses. I even had to do antibiotic ointment because the whites of his eyes were turning red. Nothing helped. It is always stressful when something isn't right with a newborn. Here he is with a warm washcloth over his eyes.  
 Mav also had a slightly herniated belly button for a few weeks. This has also gotten better and he now has a cute, tight little inny.
 Liliana is a really great big sister. She is wild and sassy towards everyone else but she loves him and says the sweetest things to him. 







 I love his little hair swirl. 





Mav's first bath...he obviously hated it. It only took that once to get him used to it though. Bath #2 was a success and he now loves the bath. 





Last night in SoCal...our fave spot, The Ritz

No comments: