We listen to the soundtrack practically on repeat in the car and she belts out the 'part French/part Spanish/part made-up language' lyrics all over town, eliciting some crazy looks from the passerby. Whenever we get in the car she opens her program and pores over the pages and the costumes and asks me millions of questions about the acrobats, their tricks, and the theme of the performance--EVOLUTION. Try explaining that concept to your 3 year old!! I have been doing my best but her questions are pretty involved and it is a very hard concept for 3 year olds who don't have a firm understanding of time and history yet! Our discussions usually end with her asking, "so were you a monkey before you were a human? Was Daddy? Did Grandpa swim before he walked??" HUH? Help! I tried to look for clips on you tube for kids and found nothing. No great books on the subject for little ones either. Any advice on how to teach the topic would be appreciated.
After the great performance we went to dinner at one of our favorite Encinitas restaurants and old neighborhood faves, Q'ero. Adam and I had a wonderful evening spent with Grammy and Lila.
I don't know why this picture came out so fuzzy on the photo website. :(




1 comment:
i love her curiosity. props to you for even attempting to explain that to her. xoxo
Post a Comment