Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I have a REALLY good reason for being so far behind on our blog...

WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!

We are pregnant and due July 29th (ish). I am really excited for Liliana to be a big sister and to meet the new little one who has been making me so sick (and forcing me to rest in bed at night instead of catching up on my blog) these past few months. :)

Liliana has been really obsessed with babies for a while. A lot of my good friends have had new babies in the past year or so and she has been talking about wanting a new baby "when she gets older" also. So, Adam and I were SO excited to share the news that she was going to be a big sister. We were planning on waiting until after my first trimester to tell her, but she is very observant and started to notice things..."Mommy, why aren't you drinking wine at dinner anymore with Daddy? You don't like wine anymore?" "Mommy, your bo-bos (aka boobs) are starting to look like big brown pacifiers!" I didn't think it was fair to keep her in the dark noticing and wondering about strange things, and we were VERY excited, so we decided to tell her early after my 8 week appointment.
Her reaction was NOT what either of us expected. Adam told her the news as I videotaped what I thought was going to be a beautiful, happy moment. "Mommy has a baby in her belly!" She looked back and forth between us like she couldn't believe it and said, "no, no she doesn't," and then she BURST INTO TEARS!! She cried and said that she didn't want me to have a baby in my belly. I was so confused and reminded her that she asked me for a baby. She corrected me and pointed out that she said she wanted a baby brother or sister when she was "older". "I am still a little girl and I need you. You can't have a baby because I am still very little and need you to hold ME!" She was hysterical and wouldn't let me touch her or comfort her. She ran into her bedroom and slammed her door and cried and I ran into the playroom and laid on the couch and cried. It was so sad. Adam went between the two of us trying to console us. Finally she came out of her room after about 5 or 10 minutes and she explained that she was worried that I wouldn't be able to hold her because her friend's mommies didn't hold them as much since the new baby came. I asked her if I could hold her right then and she finally let me. I kissed her a million times and assured her that she would always be my baby and that I would still be able to hold her A LOT, just not all of the time. She was satisfied with that answer and started asking all kinds of happy, curious questions about the baby. We went out to dinner that night and she was excited and chatty about the baby and she has been nothing but excited ever since...with one minor detail...she ONLY wants a sister. More on that later.
Because of her general interest in babies she has had a basic understanding of where babies come from for a while now. When I put her to bed that night she asked me, "mom, how many eggs do you make in your belly?" I answered, "I make a LOT of eggs, but I am only going to use two. One for you and one for your baby brother or sister." She literally jumped out of bed and cheered, "YAY!!! One more baby and you are all DONE!!"

She understands this whole sibling/sharing thing too well.

Click HERE for a video of Adam sharing the news with her.

So, in regards to the blog, I played "catch up" and I think I captured all of the big moments that I missed in the blogging world the past couple of months. If you are so inclined, you can read through the past 14 posts, but I understand that might be a little obnoxious. At least I have the memories recorded to look back at some day. And, that is really what the blog is about for me anyways. I will never fall so behind again!

3 comments:

Megan Cotugno said...

TRACY! So happy for you! I absolutely plan on reading all the back posts. Hope you are feeling well (or better, at least). Congratulations!

Walters Family said...

huge congratulations morrisons! we couldn't be happier for your growing family! can't wait to find out if Liliana is getting a sister or brother! love you guys & all the blog posts are so fun to catch up on! xo

Kelly Schwarz said...

So excited for you guys!!!! CONGRATS!!!!