We had a picture perfect trip to Costa Rica with my parents and the Walters family. My parents know Peggy and David very well and while I can't think of specific examples, I am sure that Peggy has travelled with my parents before, but David hasn't and you never know how well a group is going to mesh staying under the same roof--especially in a foreign country. I wasn't worried about it because I love traveling with the Walters as much as I love traveling with my parents, so I knew that it would be perfect. But, it turned out even better than perfect. We had such a wonderful week together.
The kids played cute together. Liliana was excited to spend a week with "her husband". She has called him her husband for the past year. In fact, she told Adam out of the blue a couple of months ago that she and Paxton were married but they still had to have their wedding and that she wanted him to get her "fancy wedding flowers". She went on to say that he would have to come live here in Capo beach at her house once they were married but that he couldn't sleep in her room--he had to use a pack and play in the guest room. She was so excited to finally see him at the airport during our layover in Miami. She ran up to him to say hi and surprised us all by immediately demanding that he give her a "big shiny ring" because they were married. Poor Pax didn't know what she was talking about. She continued to love and slyly torture him the rest of the weekend. Since being home she tells me often that she misses him.
Peggy and I are both pregnant so after dinner and the occasional game of Mexican Train we would usually hit the couch with our kindles. Adam and David went out together almost every night. My Dad went a couple times also, but we joked that everyone in town probably thought that Adam and David were an item.
We had so much fun taking the Walters to all of our favorite spots and the kids had the best time swimming and playing in the sand. Liliana is such a beach baby. She loves swimming in the ocean and digging and playing in the sand. It was a really relaxing trip and we can't wait to go back with them sometime soon.
My Little "Tica Bonita"
The Condo
We saw lots of monkeys in the tree outside of our balcony. One day they were so close to Peggy and I while we were laying out by the pool that we were scared that they would jump in our laps.


Playa Pan y Azucar


Playa Langosta in front of the condo


Playa Avellanas and Lola's (with Lolita the pig cruising the beach)
Main Beach



Playa Conchal:



Last night's dinner and dancing to mariachi band:
Time to head to airport. Goodbye Costa Rica! Pura Vida!!



1 comment:
we had the best time ever! thanks again! till next time! xoxo
Post a Comment