We went to stay at my Aunt and Uncle's wonderful cabin in Big Bear with the Reynolds family last weekend. We were hoping for a big snow storm, but instead it was a sunny, warm weekend. That didn't stop us from having winter fun. We sat in the hot tub, made a gingerbread house, went sledding and went skiing. Liliana loves her Aunty "Nee-O", "Uncle Jar", "Cannon James" and "Hudsy", so she had a BLAST.
It was Lila's first time on skis and it was a hit! I was about 3 when I went skiing for the first time but I was not a fan from the start. I hated all of the gear and I didn't like being cold. I was worried that Liliana would have the same trouble, but I was pleasantly surprised. She was totally into all of the gear (of course--what was I thinking?) and it was a fairly warm day. They didn't have boots small enough to fit her size 6 feet, so we put her in a size 8. Her little skis were so tiny and cute. Getting on and off the chairlift was a little tricky for me the first time. The operator had to help me give her a boost onto the chair, but she wasn't the slightest bit nervous. She did great on the chairlift and kept saying, "go higher Mom!" It was so cute to see her little skis stick straight up in the air because her legs are so short. When we reached the top, I carried her off of the chairlift and put her between my legs and skied her down the hill. She yelled, "Weeee!!!!" down the entire slope. I skied down pretty quickly because she seemed to catch more edges and her legs would get tangled if I was going slowly. When she would get tangled I would just lift her a little and shake her legs out and then put her back down without even stopping. Each time we would get to the bottom where Adam was waiting she would say, "more, more, more! Do it again!" She loved it. I can't wait to take her again next month.
Gingerbread House:

Hud squeezing frosting right into her mouth: 
Sledding:
Skiing at Snow Summit:


1 comment:
that is absolutely adorable. i cannot believe what a trooper she is!! xoxo
Post a Comment