Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

21 Months!

Still Growing
Liliana weighs 27 lbs and is in the 75th percentile.
She is 34" tall, putting her in the 90th percentile.
Her head size is still off the charts.

"Talking Baby"
She is jokingly referred to as the "talking baby" by my aunts. She is TOTALLY communicating. There isn't much that we can't understand and vice versa. Her sentences are becoming more complex and she surprises us every day with what comes out of her mouth.
-The other day she threw her water bottle on the floor and I told her, "Liliana, I don't like it when you do that." And she said, (with her signature glare) "Well Momma, Lila don't like it either!"
-When she woke up the other day and saw me she said, "Ooohh HI! Happy to see you!"
-She is so specific when describing what she wants these days, "no momma, dat red one over dere...the other one...dat different one."
-When I ask her if she is hungry or needs something she says, "I'm OK Momma," with a dismissive eye roll and head nod.
-She is using pronouns a lot lately which makes her sound more grown up, "that's his bike...that's her bike.
-"Aaahhh, bummer!" She told me when I said that we couldn't reach Adam on Skype at work.
-"Thank GAWD!" she says when I finally give her something she has been wanting.

Getting it Straight:
One of her favorite things to do is classify people. She likes to classify them as being a man, woman, baby, boy or girl. Her new thing is to take it a step further and identify their anatomy. "Dada man with penis. Lila girl with 'gina. Momma 'gina too." She also likes to list off family member's names. "Mommy--Tracy Morrison, Daddy--Adam Morrison, 'Mama--Rose, Grammy--Krissy, Cooper--Cousin, Poppa--Doc, Lila Rose Morrison," etc. She even likes to talk about who belongs to who outside of our family. Ex: "Peggy Paxty's Momma. Dabid Paxty's Daddy. Nee-o (her nickname for Nicole) Hudsy and Cannon's Momma," etc... She even does it with people's families and names that we don't know very well.

Learning:
I used to joke that she had an aversion to all things educational, but lately she has been surprising me. She now knows how to sing her ABC's (and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Twinkle Little Star" among others), she knows all of her colors (and has renamed the color blue "Cinderella blue" and pink, "Aurora pink" and black, "baa baa black sheep"), most of her shapes, and can count from 1-12 in ascending order and from 5 to 1 in descending order.

Potty Update:
She had a minor (and stressful) set back for a week after I left town for Shannon and Neil's wedding, but she seems to be back on track. The bummer is that she seems to only be potty-trained for me, Adam and my mom. She won't really go for anyone else anymore. Pooping takes her longer than it used to and we often read books and paint nails while she is trying to do her business. But, when she is finally done she is excited and proud of her "poo poo castles" (her words--not mine!). She also says funny things like, "burps (still her word for toots) make poops Momma!" OK... enough of the bathroom humor...

Favorites:
-Liliana loves art and coloring and is so proud of her creations. Most of her art is dedicated to her Daddy.
-She is really into make-believe games. She spends hours in her kitchen and taking care of her babies. She cooks Baby Marie and Baby Rosa food, gives them bottles, burps them, changes their diapers, shushes them, sings to them, rocks them, and gives them tubbies. She also takes them in their stroller to Stroller Strides and does squats and says, "get low ladies!" while pushing them.
She is always whipping something up for Adam and I to eat in the kitchen, being careful to stir it, put it in the oven and add extra spices and "dip". When she is done she comes to grab my hand and yells, "Momma, see Lila's num nums? Eat it Momma! Get a plate!" I think it is extra hilarious when she pretends to "make" and eat oysters with her long, fancy spoon and pretend fish that her Poppa brought her from the Phillipines.
Another make believe game that she likes to play is "work". She holds the pretend phone hands-free between her shoulder and her cheek and quickly "types" on whatever object she deems her computer that day. Her face gets very serious and she looks so busy.
She also pretends that she is in Paris. She pretends she is on the airplane and eating make believe lollipops in the hotel. She takes her babies and Disney princesses to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower too.
-She is still obsessed with clothes, makeup and princesses. I don't think that is going away for a while.
-She loves her buddy "Baby Bed" who we play with a few days a week. He is such a sweet, easy-going baby and Liliana sometimes pretends he's hers.
-She is following in her Poppa's footsteps (who is a dentist) and loves oral hygiene. She is constantly chewing on a toothbrush or playing with floss (aka "ploss").

For every bit that she is a handful (opiniated, loud, feisty, aggresive), she is easy breezy (happy, rarely cries, good eater, fun to take out and travel with, hilarious, smart, good sleeper), and we wouldn't change a single bit of her.

Adam and I still aren't planning a baby anytime soon, but Liliana is SO BIG that the idea is starting to seem closer. I always said that I did not want to be pregnant or a momma of a newborn again until my first baby was totally talking, potty trained, acting like a big girl, old enough to help, and in school--4 out of 5 down! Our baby is seeming older and bigger every day.

eating out...
dressing up...

making art...

loving on Baby Ben...


morning bed head...
swings aka "pings"



Brushing her teeth before ballet...

2 comments:

Walters Family said...

I really love this update! I miss her so much. She is so hilarious & adorable, I can't even stand it! Skype soon please!!! xoxo

Megan Cotugno said...

It is so hard for me to believe that she is a mere 4 months older than Vince! I know girls mature faster than boys but WOW WOW WOW! She is a gem and we miss you both lots.