Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 5, 2010

First Sea World Trip

I took Liliana to Sea World July 5th. I was banking on the fact that most parents would be moving slowly the day after 4th of July celebrations. I was right! Liliana and I got to Sea World just before it opened and the park was empty for the first couple of hours. It was so empty that we were the ONLY ones going through some of the dark exhibits to check out animals like penguins, beluga whales, polar bears, and sharks. It was a little eerie being the only humans in those dark rooms, but also very cool. Liliana loved it. Her favorites were the polar bears. She screamed, "HI WHITE BEARS!" and kissed the glass.

We watched their newest show, Blue Horizons. We had awesome seats--front and center and just past the "splash zone," but I think it may have been a little too close for Liliana. She started out excited when the star of the show Marina appeared with "printsy" music blaring. Liliana started singing and clapping and I was sure she was going to love it. Then, Marina jumped from the top of the stage into the water and Liliana started screaming and crying. I tried to show her that Marina made it saftely out of the water, but she was freaked out. A lot of the show involved acrobats jumping off of high places and she was not into it. We walked to the back of the auditorium for the remainder of the show and she seemed much more comfortable.

A highlight of the day was playing in Sesame Street's Bay of Play and meeting one of her favorite characters--ELMO!! He was there with Zoe and Cookie Monster. She told Cookie, "No! Go away!" But, she kissed Elmo and told Zoe that her shoes were "tute (cute)" and compared "ooh la-las" with her. I had to drag her out of there kicking and screaming. Thank goodness we bought 2 year passes!!

cruisin' the park:
petting the rays...which she did not want to do:
"HI WHITE BEARS!"

Bay of Play:



3 comments:

Walters Family said...

that is too cute! the first of many trips... she looks like such a big girl, i can't stand it.

babyreynolds said...

Adorable pictures! Looks like so much fun!

The Tiltons said...

Yay, can't wait for our trips together!!