It was hard to say "goodbye for now" to Layla. Liliana and I have made so many memories with her over the past nine months. We will miss her running to the door to greet us in the morning. We will miss dancing, laughing, trips to the park, and the beautiful chaos that accompanies spending the day with two toddlers.
I think that Liliana understood that this was the last day we would be nannying for Layla. When it was time to leave she cried (which she never does) and was begging for Katie to hold her more than usual and didn't want Katie to give her back to me. She cried for Layla and Katie as I loaded her in the car, but I smiled through my own tears and told her that we didn't have to say "goodbye", just "goodbye for now". Layla and the Tollack family have become such an important part of our lives. I know that we will continue our friendship for many years to come.


1 comment:
that made me cry. i know how much the girls loved eachother - but it'll make playdates that much better!
Post a Comment