Maverick

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Liliana

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

"No, this is the best age..."

...I find myself saying that each month, with each new development. I keep thinking that it can't get any better and it does!! Liliana is SO MUCH fun at this age. Smiling and laughing and playing games. She cracks up for her dad's funny faces and crazy dances and gets so excited when one of us walks into a room. Peek-a-boo is a hit and she is having so much fun with toys. She is curious and it is amazing to watch the lights turn on in her head as she explores her world. And, she continues to be such a happy, easy going little girl.
The other night we went over to our neighbor's house for drinks and appetizers. Our neighbors, Bill and Thalia, happen to be about 85 years old. Thalia asked to hold Liliana. I was a little worried for Thalia because Liliana is such a big chubba and I thought she would hop around on her lap and be crazy. But she didn't. Instead she sat calmly for 15 minutes and just looked into Thalia's eyes and smiled sweetly. It was as if she knew what kind of behavior was appropriate for the moment. Don't get me wrong--she has her fits every now and again, but SO RARELY. According to her Daddy, she is perfect. Well, almost...
She is having trouble going to sleep at night again. Naps are great and once she is asleep at night, that's great too. It's just the falling asleep that she has trouble with. She doesn't want the day to end. She cries and cries. The only thing that calms her down is when we pull her in bed with us. As soon as she joins us in our bed, she rolls over and goes right to sleep. She is such a stinker and we are such push-overs. We have only done it a handful of times recently We know that we need to stop or she will never learn. But, we hate to hear her cry and it just feels SO good to cuddle her at night.

I can't believe she will be 8 months old tomorrow! She is turning into a big girl right before our eyes.
Cruisin' the 101 in her new ride. She LOVES it!

2 comments:

Walters Family said...

Oh my God, I love her in her new ride! What a stylin' girl! Happy 8 month birthday beautiful Lila Rose! I love you & miss you!

gramps anthony said...

Adam and I took her on a cruise to the bars. I found out Lila Rose is famous in the local drinking establishments where her dad is often found hiding.